Friday, May 29, 2009

Hot Stuff, Janet Evanovich & Leanna Banks: 3 Stars

The characters are heart-warmingly fun. The situations are hilarious and catastrophic. There is nothing believable about it, but the story pulls you in. Disclaimer: Janet Evanovich cracks me up so I may be a little biased here. This is not as good as one of the Stephanie Plum novels so it only rates 3 Stars, but it's a fun, energetic read nonetheless.

There's a good balance between strong, tough chick and girliness that gives the main character a nice charm so as not to turn everyone off by the "I'm so independent" front. I like that in a female lead. There is such a thing as too aggressive. Most of us women just aren't like that to date - although there's definitely a handful leading that pack. We like to think of ourselves as still a little soft around the edges.

The unusual circumstances that always pop up in an Evanovich novel as just as fun and endearing as ever. It's nice and refreshing to read something that draws you in enough so even though you know what's going to happen, you don't find yourself saying "Get me there already because I'm bored". I like all the little side shows.

Keep it up ladies! (and Janet - thanks for the new Plum novel coming out next month)

No comments:

Post a Comment