Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Fine Art of Reading

I've been challenged. I stated (at some crazy point in my life or another) that I read an average of 3 books a week, and I've had several people question the volume. So, in an effort to track the number of books I consume over the next year, I thought I'd start posting reviews.

Now keep in mind that this is not me declaring to the world the only thing I read are those with grand literary effort. You'll definitely be able to note the wide variety within the first 10 reviews. Please make sure to wary them all otherwise you might be under the distinct impression that I only read chick lit or military novels. My last few books were read during transcontinental flights, which lends itself quite nicely to those genres as they can be complete by the time the plane touches down on the other side of the country or the world. Occasionally, I will read back to back books by the same author if I happen to like the first one.

Of second note and my only disclaimer: I haven't written an official "reviews" since my university days so I may be rusty at the start. I would love to have discussion back and forth in the comments and welcome any critique you might have. I'm posting without affiliation to anyone but myself. You can take my opinions or leave them right on the pages of these blogs.

Hopefully, maybe you'll discover a book or two that you might actually want to read along the way and that might influence your life for the better - as that's what reading seems to be all about for me.

Your Number One Page Turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment